Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cheese and Herb Souffle

As I stood in my kitchen late Saturday afternoon, about to turn on my mixer to beat the egg whites into stiff peaks, I had a brief flash in my mind. Am I crazy to be attempting this with two toddlers in the house?

Well, too late to back out now.

Cheese & Herb Souffle (serves 4 as a main dish)

1 cup milk
1/2 small onion, peeled
bay leaf
3 eggs, separated, plus 1 egg white
3oz shredded cheese
a handful of fresh herbs, finely chopped
Parmesan for dusting
salt & pepper



A little bit too brown, as in the process of calling everyone to the table, it was discovered the little one needed his diaper changed. And souffle isn't something that really makes males flock to the table. Now, call out "Steak's ready!" and it's a different story.

I had envisioned a nice green salad on the side, but Hubs forgot to buy lettuce on his errands, so we just had fresh chopped veggies instead.

My first souffle! Easier than I thought. And the kids were only locked in the basement for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?